Thursday, January 31, 2013

Yep, I Am THAT Mom....

 
On Tuesday, I wasn't able to go volunteer in the boys' classroom. I forgot to email 1 of the teachers to let her know. Yep, I am THAT mom.
 
On Wednesday, we showed up to AWANAS not wearing pajamas........on pajama night. Yep, I am THAT mom.
 
On Wednesday, I told the 5 year old to not say mom again.  After he continued to say it at least 3 more times, I told him the word mom sounded like scratching a chalkboard. What can I say, it was late and it had been a long day. Yep, I am THAT mom.
 
I don't remember when, but one day this week I was the last parent to pick up my Kindergartner. Yep, I am THAT mom.
 
Last week, I noticed the 5 year old did not wear socks to school. I didn't notice til I picked him up....Yep, I am THAT mom.
 
I think the 3  year old went without underwear at least 3 days this week. Each time I didn't figure it out until the middle of the day. Each time I did nothing about it. Yep, I am THAT mom.
 
Yesterday, I let my kids watch and eat whatever they wanted for about 2  hours after school because I was "playing" on the computer. Yep, I am THAT mom.
 
Today, I got caught up talking to a woman at bible study. My child was the last one left in his room. Yep, I am THAT mom.
 
And all of that was just this week.....
For someone who is trying to focus on the little things, I sure miss a lot of details. Often my kids clothes don't match, they don't have socks or if they do they may not be a matching pair, sometimes they don't wear underwear, they always (well almost always) have their teeth brushed but the same is not always true for their hair, I forget sports practice times and sometimes important school events (thank God for the iphone calendar), and by the time I clean out my car you could practically live in it.
So Yep, I am THAT mom.
But you know what my kids are okay with that.
And I think I am finally too.

Sharing with:





4 comments:

  1. I. Love. This. Post. I think on some level we are all 'that mom' and we all need to be okay with it. This is great. I'm definitely sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the morning after I wrote this post ....... I was informed that the tooth fairy forgot to come. Oh my! It happens to the best of us I guess!
      Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad someone else is THAT mom, too.

    The tooth fairy cut us off because we exceeded the limit of visits in a month with our twins. You might check into the finer points of the rules to explain why the fairy didn't show...

    Stopping by from Pour Your Heart Out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. None of us can do it all. These are all just small things. :)

    ReplyDelete