Monday, August 4, 2014

Summer Blues


I'm done with summer. Done. Ready for it to be over.

Most of my teacher friends and parents are probably cringing, they love summer and all that it brings.  Usually I love summer too and the kids and I fill it with fun packed crafts and activities and we take advantage of whatever activities we can find to do. But this summer just felt kind of .....blah.

And before I'm judged that I must be one of those moms who can't wait to send her kids off to school when school starts;  three of my children will be at home with me schooling.  So school will not bring me a break. But it will provide routine and productivity.....which I think I miss.

This summer has just made me tired.

Tired of late bedtimes.
I know I should cherish the extra time I have with my children, right? Okay but in the summer it is more difficult to get my kiddos down to bed. We're not sticklers on bedtime like we are during the school year. And then because the routine is different so many times a week, bedtime becomes this horrific event that takes place each night. One that takes way too long and doesn't leave anyone feeling peaceful by the time they fall into their not so deep slumber. 

Tired of the heat.
It's hot here. Like really hot. It is supposed to be cooler today.....only 100 degrees. Dragging babies in and out of car seats in 100 degree weather isn't fun for anyone. And telling the kids to go play outside.....they don't want to play outside and I cant' say I blame them. So I end up with a bunch of kids who are stir crazy and need to burn energy.

Tired of the video games.
I don't know how it happened but my little ones have become addicted to video games and electronics. It probably happened because we're having a really hot summer and mom needed some sanity. They only play one game and I don't even know if they know how to play another game. But I'll be glad to be busy in schoolwork with a lot less time for video games.

Tired of what didn't happen.
If you're a teacher or a parent you always have these great plans for summer. Because there's supposedly this free time that you're going to accomplish all of these things so you can get ahead in the year. Some of those things were completed but not anywhere near what I wanted to do. And this includes plans I had for my own children. Summer lessons and learning.....sigh. Didn't happen. Photo projects.....didn't happen.

Anyways, I may be one of the few, but I am looking forward to the routine of the schooyear. Even though it's already starting with a bumpy start. Considering my first day of work is today and I have no childcare for the baby. But it will work out. God answers prayer. A year ago, I was in the ER. No one even knew I was pregnant and I thought there was something wrong with the baby or that I was having an ectopic pregnancy. Those are supposedly common when you have only one working fallopian tube. God is faithful....all of the time.










No comments:

Post a Comment