Friday, March 23, 2012

Love Is Not An Emotion........Love is An Action

As many of you know, I haven't been feeling well for the past month. I haven't been able to eat normally and I weigh about 108 pounds. I won't go in to all the details but I have been pretty sick. However,  I know that my body is slowly healing and I am feeling better each day. And even if we don't have all the answers I have faith that my body will continue to heal. But this post isn't about me or my health. Instead I felt deeply moved to write a post about how wonderful the human spirit is and how the support of my family and friends has been amazing.  It is undeniable that good things can come from unfortunate circumstances. And I am so grateful for the love that surrounds my family and I.


Love is not an emotion. But instead love is action. Love is expressed in the things that you DO and SAY.


Love is.......when people take time out of their day to bring your family dinner because you're not up to cooking.......5 days in a row


Love is.......when friends go to the store for you to get what you need and then don't allow you to repay them


Love is........when people help watch your children so you can get to dr. appointments


Love is ......... when family buy last minute plane tickets to come and help.

Love is .......when people allow their family members time away to help someone who needed help

Love is..........when people ask others who don't even know you to pray for you. Not just once but
                     continually.


Love is.......when people take your children for a few hours so you can regain some energy


Love is........when people send you flowers just to say they love you and they hope you're better soon


Love is .......when someone surprises you with a hair appointment when you really look like you could use one


Love is........when people buy you new clothes because well yours just don't really fit so well anymore


Love is .......when people go to God and pray for healing on your behalf


Love is .......when people clean your house because you don't have the energy


Love is ......when people make your kids breakfast and dinner and help you with laundry


Love is.......when people check on you daily just to see if you're feeling better


Love is.......when people go to dr. appointments with you to make sure your voice is heard


Thank you to all the people who have been loving on me. Love can be seen in small and big actions. It is so true that actions speak louder than words.  This last month has been a reminder to me, " What else can I DO to SHOW people that I love them? "

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:13

2 comments:

  1. Kelly, so glad you are being taken of. Wish I was closer.... The human spirit IS amazing. I will pray for continued healing for you.
    Xoxo
    Rebeca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear you've been ill, I'm thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete